Friday, November 30, 2012

Hi-Ho! Hi-Ho! It's off to a show we go!


We are going to attend our first dog show! Now before you all get all excited for Ms. Cam-Cam she is not actually going to be showing. Tomorrow (Saturday, Dec. 1st) Camden and I will be headed to Fitchburg, MA. There we will be meeting up with the lovely ladies of Seastar Kennels as they show some of their own pooches.

We felt like it would be a great chance to see how Camden does around all the noises and commotion that come along with an indoor show. In our class we have done a lot of work with different situations that could happen in the show ring. This included gates crashing, clapping, cheering, metal chairs falling over, and a much more. I am hopeful that Camden does well and doesn't totally freak out with everything going on.

This will be my first time actually attending a dog show and I couldn't be more excited. She has never been to a show either and although she won't be competing she will be "evaluated" every step of the way! I hope all the hard work we have done really shows when Camden is around all the hustle and bustle of an indoor show.

I also can't wait to see Debbie Smith, of Seastar Kennels. She has been so helpful along this journey. She has always been there for me with answers to any questions or concerns I may have. Another valued toller contact is my sweeet Cami's actual breeder, Stacy Adams! She is going to try to come and see Camden at the show! I can't wait since I have not actually met Stacy. She came to my house to see how Camden was settling in, but I unfortunately had to work. I will say I have yet to meet a "toller" person who isn't welcoming and so very nice. Everyone is so helpful and truly wants Cami and I to be the best we can! 

I will keep you all posted on Camden's progress with the stacking blocks and let you know how her "first show" goes! I will also be sure to take lots and lots of pictures! Stay tuned!

-Ashley 


No comments:

Post a Comment